Re: MacOS Big Sur balenaEtcher Bug

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 09:47:43PM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 19:02:41 -0500
> Stephen Muscarella <contact@muscarella.info> wrote:
>
> > I downloaded the debian-10.7.0-amd64-netinst.iso image from the home
> > page on Big Sur.

> > Any thoughts or ideas?
>
> I suspect corruption during downloading. Did you check the checksums?
> https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#verify For the checksums,
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current/amd64/iso-cd/
>
> I'm no expert on Macs, but I see on that page
> debian-mac-10.7.0-amd64-netinst.iso. Are you getting the right
> architecture?

That image was for a limited subset of Intel based Macs some years ago - see
various discussions elsewhere in this list. The AMD64 image should work for
current Intel-based Macs.

If you're prepared to pay for software for your Macs, VMWare and Parallels
both support Debian well.

Hope this helps,

Andy C.