Re: How i do upgrade my operating system to Debian “buster”?

On 11-01-2021 02:28, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 10 ian 21, 05:27:26, Weaver wrote:
>>
>> Unless you're running a server, it's a good idea to be running SID, and
>> then you don't have to worry about it anyway.
>
> Been there, done that. One can learn a lot, especially from the troubles
> (which I got into literally days after the first time I upgraded to sid;
> the story is in the d-u archives) ;)
>
> It takes *lots* of time to maintain.
>
> Eventually I stayed with stable, because it just works with minimal
> maintenance.

I rarely have a problem, and even when I do, time alone solves it,
because the fix is already on the way.
I've been running a small business on SID for years now.
If it wasn't reliable and consistent enough, I would have changed an
equal number of years ago.
Agreed, Stable is the only alternative, because the fixes simply don't
arrive in Testing fast enough, but I've never had to wait  with SID.
I've been using that since Libranet died.
Any real problems stemmed from me, and my handling of the situation, so
the fix was at hand.
But I've never found myself spending more time fixing than was worth it.
Cheers!

Harry

--
`We'll know our disinformation program is complete when
 everything the American public believes is false'.