Re: How i do upgrade my operating system to Debian “buster”?

On Du, 10 ian 21, 17:05:09, Joe wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:31:12 +0200
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > sometimes, but not always. I prefer Reinstall, it's painless
> >
> > The install? Sure.
> >
> > Migrating all your configurations to the new system? Less so.
> >

> Not just the configurations. Installing a couple of thousand packages
> will take some time, if you are unwilling to use a cloning method.

With a few notable exceptions for me it's mostly enough to replicate
only the set of manually installed packages.

Of course, on such occasions I do use the opportunity to review what
packages I still need, which usually takes more time than the actual
installation :D

Eventually I intend to have that information in a configuration
management system (e.g. ansible), so that getting a new system installed
and fully configured is mostly automated.

Kind regards,
Andrei