Re: How i do upgrade my operating system to Debian “buster”?

On 1/9/21 5:04 PM, John Hasler wrote:
Carl Fink writes:
I'm repeating the recommendation I've seen on this very list for
decades.
It is an incorrect recommendation.  Upgrading works well and is
supported and recommended by Debian.

sometimes, but not always. I prefer Reinstall, it's painless

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUpgrade

"Performing a release upgrade is not without risk. The upgrade may fail, leaving the system in a non-functioning state. USERS SHOULD BACKUP ALL DATA before attempting a release upgrade"