Re: Monitor resolution wrong

Dennis Wicks composed on 2021-01-09 15:00 (UTC-0600):

> When I boot kernel 4.19.0-13-amd64 my monitor res is
> 1024x768. It should be 1680x1050 which I get when I boot
> into kernel 4.19.0-12-amd64. Also, when I look at the xfce
> display settings when I have -13 booted it has some generic
> display listed and only the 1024x768 res. When I am booted
> in -12 the display is listed as an LG 23", which it is, and
> a bunch of different resolutions that could be used.

> I have tried rebuilding the kernel and initrd to no avail.
> It looks to me like the kernel is not recognizing the
> monitor for some reason but beyond that I haven't the
> slightest idea as to where to look!

This situation is often a case of missing firmware, but it's unusual that it
happens simply due to a minor kernel upgrade. Please upload /var/log/Xorg.0.log
from a -13 boot to http://pastebin.com/ or equivalent, and provide here the
resulting URL, so that we may try to determine what is happening. Also please
paste here output from: 'inxi -GSa', for similar reason.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/