Monitor resolution wrong

Greetings;

When I boot kernel 4.19.0-13-amd64 my monitor res is 1024x768. It should be 1680x1050 which I get when I boot into kernel 4.19.0-12-amd64. Also, when I look at the xfce display settings when I have -13 booted it has some generic display listed and only the 1024x768 res. When I am booted in -12 the display is listed as an LG 23", which it is, and a bunch of different resolutions that could be used.

I have tried rebuilding the kernel and initrd to no avail. It looks to me like the kernel is not recognizing the monitor for some reason but beyond that I haven't the slightest idea as to where to look!

Any ideas??

Many TIA!!
Dennis