Re: potus@lists.debian.org

Marek writes:
> For example I have my own domain and I can switch email provider, so I
> could switch provider of social network server.

> In fact as URL is not only email aware you could also use for example
> phone as identifier of your account and provide resolving of phone
> number to social network server.

If you have to have accounts, identifiers, and logins on a central
server it isn't decentralized.

It is perfectly feasible for each participant in your group to have an
nntp peer running.  That's decentralized.  However, it is not necessary
for everyone to run an nntp peer: those who are can permit others remote
access using newsreaders in the usual fashion.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com