Re: simple-scan fails with Canon LiDE 300--except as root

On Sat 09 Jan 2021 at 13:49:07 +0000, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:

>  Yes, I can at least scan. I'll keep fiddling, but the important thing
>  is that I can use it.
>
> OK, thank you so much for your help, and sorry for the top-post at the
> end.

I will probably consult the sane-airscan author, but would not expect an
immediate response.

Another debugging idea if you want to narrow down whether simple-scan is
the problem:

  scanimage d "airscan:e0:Canon LiDE 300 (USB)" --format=png > image.png

Thanks for engaging.

--
Brian.