Re: Why is idle not detected?

Rainer Dorsch <ml@bokomoko.de> writes:

> Is there a way to find out what is the holding back the idle detection?

Some years ago I remember I had an indicator in KDE which clearly
indicated the culprit. For me it was usually Chromium back then. I
haven't seen that recently and I have no idea what provided that
info. It seemed like a part of KDE. Maybe it was unreliable and was
removed? Or maybe it never existed. I can't find anything relevant with
Google.

Of course, you might consider replacing VLC, since that seems to cause
your problem.