Re: Teamviewer and Wayland on Debian Buster Gnome desktop

On Thu 07 Jan 2021 at 11:40:37 (-0500), Kenneth Parker wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 11:20 AM deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greg Wooledge wrote:
> >
> > > Duh.  Don't be a prick over typos.
> >
> > Sorry guys, I don't know the beast and don't use it. I just watched a
> > presentation about it once.
> > I did not cross check how it is exactly spelled. So it was more of an
> > ignorance than a typo.
> >

> Thank you!  I spent, quite some time trying to hunt down a Package called
> "Wyland", even getting into a half-filled Rabbit Hole in the Fedora World
> (that just vanished).
>
> I am sure there will be others, ignorant about Graphical Packages on Linux.

I'm unconvinced with the Noob explanation. My search engine corrects
wyland→wayland itself, whether I prefix the search with teamviewer,
gnome, or x11. Searching for 'buster wyland' suggests 'buster wiand',
but the first hit is still 'Wayland - Debian Wiki', and there are
several wayland hits before any pointing to the artist Wyland.

Cheers,
David.