Re: Intermittent problem with integrated webcam / Thinkpad E130/ Stretch

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 09:44:49AM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > Some of us do need the webcam for video calls / conferences ;)
> > (family, friends or work)
> >

> Andrei, forgive me the the joke, but I doubt you are a model or movie star,
> I would insist looking at :D - same for me :D.
> I understand this but do not understand completely why would this be
> mandatory.
>

> > There are also much more elegant solutions (just an example):
> >
> > https://shop.protonmail.com/products/webcam-cover
>
> another one made out of plastic and in China - pfui! [...]

A while ago, one of our local geekspace presented a clever origami-like
scheme to make such a retractable cover out of post-it notes [1].

The sticker part sticks to the laptop bezel and it has a sliding part
to open and close the lid. Text is in German, but it should be easy
to follow without the language.

Cheers
[1] https://quotes.yourdictionary.com/author/quotes/194924
 - t