Re: AMD Radeon 6490M

Andrei POPESCU composed on 2021-01-04 21:45 (UTC+0200):
An initramfs rebuild is still needed, maybe that's the reason.
On 1/4/21 9:06 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
This is why I suggested to test first via radeon.modeset=0. Blacklist means don't
load the radeon kernel module, which is what radeon.modeset=0 causes.

I tried radeon.modeset and also did initramfs rebuilds, neither helped though.

But I went on and installed Arch Linux as I commonly use it on my other machines, and after some fiddling with the Apple UEFI, the system worked out of the box by installing mesa and the ati drivers :)

Thanks for your help!