Re: lua-ldoc restricts lua versions and doesn't work with lua5.3

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for a prompt reply and for the details.
Given that LDoc itself in its original sources doesn't specify any restrictions on the Lua version, wouldn't it make more sense to:
- Remove the Lua-Versions line
- Make lua-ldoc package depend just on lua-any (it will bring some lua with it by itself)

- Eugene

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 1:21 PM Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi,

Eugene Pakhomov wrote:
> Why is there a restriction in the first place?

Interesting question.
In
  https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/l/lua-ldoc/control-1.4.6-1
i see
  Depends: lua-any,
           lua5.1 | lua5.2 | lua5.3,

> Would just removing the line with "Lua-Versions" make sense?

  https://sources.debian.org/src/dh-lua/27/man/lua-any.1.txt
rather gives me the idea to add "5.3" before "5.2".
I'd try that and test all my use cases.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas