Re: Is this possible with DAC or ACL?

On Wed 06 Jan 2021 at 16:32:02 (+0100), Yvan Masson wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Let's say I have a directory `/dir`. Is it possible to allow a user to
> do whatever he wants inside this directory, but not to delete `/dir`?
>
> I can use Unix ACL if needed.

Take a look at your own home directory, which behaves more or less as
you described. (IIRC Debian might set group ID on home directories.)

I set up pseudo-home directories like this, eg music, pictures etc,
and I place them under /home, rather than /, so that they reside in
my encrypted /home partition. They're all chown'd to belong to me.

Cheers,
David.