Re: HBA or SATA PCIe card FSC TX150 S7 Server

On 06.01.21 15:37, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Ma, 05 ian 21, 19:46:38, basti wrote:
Hello,
we have a old FSC TX150 S7 Server and need more disk space.
So we want to by a https://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=153.
The diskspace is used as fileserver / simple HDD no SSD and the network
connection is 1Gbit round about 100mb/s.
So I think sata 3.0 is just more speed then needed.
I want to use it as software raid.

If the drives support it also doesn't hurt to have a SATA 3 connection
for them, since it is used also for the RAID internal stuff, not only
for serving files over the network.

Consider also future upgrades, the card could be useful in another
system.

Kind regards,
Andrei

I have buy a Fujitsu D2616 / LSI Megaraid SAS 9260-8i.
Now I'am searching for firmware to get it in IT (JBOD) mode.