Re: Photos on corrupted SD card

On 5/1/21 5:38 pm, James Allsopp wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know if there are any good tools in Linux for fixing corruption on FAT32 SD cards. It was in my phone, but I dropped it and broke the phone. Couldn't turn it off as the screen was broken and thoughtlessly removed it whilst on. The files are there, I can see it in Linux, it's just some of the files are broken, i.e. images with odd colours, video files that don't play.

I was thinking of just dd'ing the whole card to my pc.
Thanks
James

Just dd it to your disk and then look at sleuthkit / autopsy which is designed to recover fragments of images from potentially corrupt disks.

It may even find some of your old deleted photos as well :-)

https://www.sleuthkit.org/

--
Jeremy