Re: Label printer Debian compatible

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 17:05 <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday, January 04, 2021 01:37:19 PM Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> writes:
> > Has anyone had any success driving a mailing label printer for mailing
> > labels from either a LAN or direct connection with a Linux box?
> >
> > I can print sheets of mailing labels from my main printer, but I would
> > love to be able to print single labels from my adress db with a suitable
> > specialty printer and a suitable Linux driver.

What I do is use sheets with multiple labels per sheets, but then only put
text on a template (in officewriter) for the labels I need.  Then when I need
more, I erase that text, add text for the labels not yet printed, and run the
sheet though my printer again.

I do the same, except I create a new pdf with only the necessary cells printed. But it's a laser printer so it does gray the paper a bit. But great point on the inkjet. That may be the best option: an inexpensive b&w inkjet.

Thanks!

-Tom