Re: recommendations for supported, affordable hardware raid controller.

On Du, 03 ian 21, 13:43:00, David Christensen wrote:

> I would postulate that copy-on-write technology could be/ is already
> included in journaling file systems to improve efficiency.

Copy-on-write (btrfs, ZFS) is different than journaling (ext4, xfs,
etc.).

As fas as I understand copy-on-write provides the same file system
consistency guarantees as a journal, but has other benefits in addition.

Kind regards,
Andrei