Re: Open Source Flash Alternatives

Le vendredi 1 janvier 2021 à 16:40:07 UTC+1, Kenneth Parker a écrit :
> Since Adobe Flash is going the way of the Dodo Bird, I thought I'd check up on Open Source Alternatives, since I have some Standalone .swf files (games, etc).
>
> Two came up in my searches, Lightspark (which seems to be, mainly a Plug-in), and Ghu Gnash, which I like better, since it works as a Standalone Program. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem available in Bullseye (and Search didn't find it for Buster either). It DOES show up in Stretch, but that's on a different machine than where my .swf files are.
>
> What's up?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kenneth Parker

Hello,

>From what I understand from the lightspark website (1) and the wikipedia page about lightspark (2),
- Gnash is both a free standalone flash player and flash plugin for Actionscript 1&2
- Lightspark is also both a free standalone flash player and flash plugin but primarily for Actionscript 3. For Actionscript 1&2, it relies on Gnash.
- Lightspark, while older than Ruffle, is, right now, more advanced and your best bet albeit being not fully functional

In order to test it, I just downloaded the Lightspark Windows installer in a Windows 10 VM. The standalone client crashed when trying to play the swf sample file I passed as a parameter, complaining about OpenGL. To test it in Linux, it has to be built it from source

(1) https://lightspark.github.io/
(2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightspark