Re: I have a Gigabyte GA-A320M-H is there a BUG in this motherboard?

On 2021-01-02 01:06, ike wrote:
On 01/01/2021 11:42 PM, ike wrote:

     I have a Gigabyte GA-A320M-H I have tried to install Debian 10.7 .
     have enable Iommu and CSM. When the menu comes up it does not
matter
     what I select after I hit enter the screen is just a mess can you
help
     me please. After I press enter the screen is just lines dots and a
     mess.
     I under stand there is a BUG in Lommu if so how do I fix it. I am
not
     an expert with this so be patient with me please.
     Thank you Isaac Shields
     nejekipl@bigpond.com

First, backup your data.

What is the URL and the exact file name for the ISO file you downloaded?

What is the SHA256 checksum of the ISO that arrived on your computer?

How did you burn the ISO to a CD, DVD, BD, or USB flash drive? E.g. what operating system, application, and/or commands?

Go into the CMOS Setup and choose "Reset to defaults" (or whatever it is called). Be sure to "Save".

Power down. Pick one HDD or SSD for Debian and remove all the others. Make sure it is plugged into the first disk interface on the motherboard (e.g. "SATA3 0").

Boot the Debian Installer. Take notes of the title of every screen and the choice(s) you made on that screen. For example, here are my notes from a recent Debian 10 install:

        Debian GNU/Linux installer boot menu (BIOS mode)
                                                Install
        Language                                English
        Country, territory or area              United States
        Keymap to use                           American English
        Hostname                                dipsy
        Domain name                             tracy.holgerdanske.com
        Root password                           *******
        Full name for the new user              debian
        Username for your account               debian
        Choose a password for the new user      ********
        Select your time zone                   Pacific
        Partitioning method                     manual
Encrypted volume (sdb2_crypt) - 1.0 GB Linux device-mapper (crypt)
                 #1             1.0 GB     f  swap          swap
Encrypted volume (sdb3_crypt) - 12.0 GB Linux device-mapper (crypt)
                 #1            12.0 GB     f  ext4          /
            SCSI5 (0,0,0) (sdb) - 60.0 GB ATA INTEL SSDSC2CW06
                 #1  primary  999.3 MB  B  F  ext4          /boot
                 #2  primary    1.0 GB     K  crypto       (sdb2_crypt)
                 #3  primary   12.0 GB     K  crypto       (sdb3_crypt)
                               46.0 GB        FREESPACE
        Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
        Use a network mirror                    Yes
        Mirror country                          United States
        Archive mirror                          deb.debian.org
        HTTP proxy                              <blank>
        Participate in the package usage survey No
        Choose software to install
            Debian desktop environment
                Xfce
            print server
            SSH server
            standard system utilities
        Device for boot loader installation     /dev/sdb
        Installation complete                   Continue

        Power down at POST.

        Remove installation media.

Post details if you encounter problems.

David