Re: Open Source Flash Alternatives

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 3:56 AM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 01, 2021 at 06:17:32PM -0500, Kenneth Parker wrote:

[...]

> Update:  I just installed Stretch in QEMU-KVM in my "Knockabout" Mint 20
> system and was able to install Gnash on it.  I did a bit of research into
> Gnu Gnash, seeing that it may not be currently maintained.  I wonder if
> that decision was made before Flash was going Extinct?
>
> I don't consider this closed, because of the large number of Standalone
> .swf files. But I have something to test and, may contact gnu.org about
> Gnash.

Gnash has been removed June 2018 [1]. It depended on old libs and there
was nobody willing to take over the burden, it seems.

Such decisions are taken in the open. Everyone can chime in, this is
Debian. Folks, if you care about a piece of software, get together.
Help out. That's how the whole thing is supposed to work.

Cheers

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnash
  - t

I will contact gnu.org and see about taking it over.  It will be a Challenge, but I've got more time on my hands now.

Thanks for the Link!

Kenneth Parker