Re: i386 debian to 64bit intel

On Jo, 03 dec 20, 20:17:25, John Hasler wrote:
> Jerry Mellon wrote:
> > I am new to linux and made the mistake of loading the i386 Debian
> > release 10 onto my 64bit intel system. I now want to put the 64bit
> > version for intel on the system.
>
> > Do I have to backup the data I have in my $HOME directory to load after
>
> Since you are new to Linux, yes.  There are other solutions but they are
> too complicated for you at this point.

The other solutions are very complicated also for advanced users and
most likely not worth the trouble.

Reinstalling is probably faster and easier, especially if you already
have good backups of your data and configs.

There is also little incentive in improving them as the number of i386
installs that are worth cross-grading is probably quite low and
decreasing daily.

Kind regards,
Andrei