Re: Sharing files LINUX-LINUX / LINUX-WINDOWS / WINDOWS-WINDOWS

Kenneth Parker writes:

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020, 9:10 AM Anssi Saari <<URL:mailto:as@sci.fi>as@sci.fi> wrote:
   Kanito 73 <<URL:mailto:kanito73@hotmail.com>kanito73@hotmail.com> writes:

   > At first I thought to use both SAMBA for LINUX-WINDOWS and maybe NFS for
   LINUX-LINUX but I used NFS long time
   > ago and it was slow as a turtle. Is there another networking service
   available that runs faster only for
   > LINUX-LINUX or it is better to use SAMBA for everything_

   Personally I don't bother with Samba for file sharing on my home network
   since Microsoft's seen the light and Windows 10 (Pro) includes NFS
   support. And no, NFS is not slow as a turtle.

[...]

Can you provide a Microsoft (or related) link to the Windows NFS Support? (On this List. You do not need to cc me).

The straight-forward explanation:
https://graspingtech.com/mount-nfs-share-windows-10/

The official documentation:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/nfs/nfs-overview

I have not used NFS support on Windows yet :)

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö