Re: Sharing files LINUX-LINUX / LINUX-WINDOWS / WINDOWS-WINDOWS

Kanito 73 wrote:

> At first I thought to use both SAMBA for LINUX-WINDOWS and maybe NFS for
> LINUX-LINUX but I used NFS long time ago and it was slow as a turtle. Is
> there another networking service available that runs faster only for
> LINUX-LINUX or it is better to use SAMBA for everything_

I do not know why it should be "slow as a turtle" it usually depends on the
network and mostly on the drive speed.
I use NFS for Linux and Samba for Windows for more than 15y already. If NFS
is too slow use the SAMBA in Linux too.
I split my setup of two machines into a server and desktop. I can execute
tasks on the server too, start VMs there or whatever - same for the PC. It
works very good.