Re: Driver issues with GDM & wifi on Intel

On Mi, 25 nov 20, 20:17:01, AW wrote:
> Ive got a new Dell Lattitude 3410 with "Integrated Intel UHD for 10th
> Generation Intel Core i3-10110U graphics" and Intel wifi but I cannot get
> either of them working properly on Debian 10. Ive tried installing
> firmware-linux-nonfree and firmware-linux but it still wont progress past
> 'Starting GNOME display manager' and ip a doesnt list the Wifi.
>

> Below is the output from lspci

[...]

> 00:14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 02f0

[...]

> Can someone point me in the direction of the correct drivers and firmware
> for graphics, wifi and sound controllers please?

Run (as root or with sudo):

    dmesg | grep -i firmware

This will show you the filename of the missing firmware, which you can
search for at https://packages.debian.org

Most likely the package you need is firmware-iwlwifi, possibly the
version in buster-backports.

https://packages.debian.org/firmware-iwlwifi

Kind regards,
Andrei