Re: NTFS partitions can't be mounted

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 09:06:49AM +0000, Joe wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 01:29:13 +0000
> Kanito 73 <kanito73@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I hate Windoze as an operating system but some programs and games are
> > cool... [...]

> > environments (when computers had simple text terminals) and further
> > graphical operating systems.
>
> Actually he didn't. Microsoft was contracted to write software for the
> Apple Mac (Office), and learned enough about writing for windowing
> environments to make its own one (badly).
>
> The Lisa was Apple's first computer with a graphical desktop, and Apple
> had got many of the ideas from Xerox [...]

Exactly. They "stole" from a "thief" [1]. The first credible "cluster"
forming around GUIs (concepts, programming languages, software and
hardware) was Xerox PARC [2]. Other things we take for granted these
days (laser printers and Ethernet) were incubated there.

A testament on what human creativity is capable of if you fund it
well and keep management at bay.

Cheers

[1] The scare quotes are there because I don't believe in such a thing
   as "intellectual property". Sure, author's rights make sense, and
   correct attribution, but woning an idea as I might own a pair of
   shoes seems monstrously ridiculous to me.

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_PARC

 - t