Re: Why use an email client AND sendmail/popa3d - Does this avoid the hijack?

On 2020-11-26 03:57, David Wright wrote:
<snipped>
What sort of rejections and/or bounces have you had?

"Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons"
using Sky/Yahoo SMTP it seems to add "Return-Path:" as being noctilucent@sky.com. Then subscribed to getmail list "from" gmail and other hosted domain address
and welcomed as subscribed as "noctilucent@sky.com".

I only know enough about this stuff to get it working and then promptly forget.
Unsure of the etiquette of using other SMTP servers.
This is all using local, not the newest, roundcube for reading/sending.

cheers mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31