Re: Missing SATA Drives on ROMED8-2T Motherboard

Scott Colby <scott@scolby.com> wrote:

> Well, I spent some more time reading dmesg logs and messing around in
> the BIOS. I enabled SR-IOV [1] and the drives appeared! I'm not
> entirely sure _why_ this worked,

Yes, me neither. Maybe that option also changed something in the
background as well.

> but at this point (it's been over a week of messing with this), I'm a
> bit tired of looking. If anyone has thoughts on why this change fixed
> my problem, I'd love to hear them.

No idea. Firmware/BIOS and its inner working is a deep black hole I try
to stay away from.

A former collegue of mine used to work on this stuff and told stories of
how quirky and spaghetty-codey that stuff is, sometimes resembling
first-year CS students code.

S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.