Re: NTFS partitions can't be mounted

> Microsoft has a bad habit of changing things under the hood without
> bumping the version number. They could very well have changed NTFS
> enough to bollix Linux NTFS libraries and not bothered to tell anyone.

Except that `ntfs-3g` can read and write NTFS and hasn't seen the need
for updates to follow those hypothetical changes on MS's side.  So if
there has been updates, they've been subtle and discreet enough not to
require significant changes on "our" side.  In constrast an `ext2`
filesystem driver for Windows would have trouble reading (and even more
so, writing) some `ext4` filesystems.

        Stefan