Re: NTFS partitions can't be mounted

tomas@tuxteam.de Wrote:

> This is a pattern which I like to call "emergent evil". Most likely
> nobody does it on purpose, yet it happens often enough to annoy
> competing ecosystems. Magic!

HAHAHAHAHA (with capital letters)... As far as I remember, Microsoft (Windoze) used to annoy Linux users since long time ago... Installing Windoze disables Linux to boot... NTFS was cryptic for years with no tech specifications of the filesystem, a mystery so for many years Linux developers were unable to create a driver to access such partitions, in fact I remember that in the past it was only possible to mount as read only... Aaahhh and the recent damn habit of locking NTFS partitions so other operating systems are unable to use them... And I am not very sure, but I remember that in ancient versions, installing Windoze wiped out the entire hard disk removing all operating systems before installation...

I hate Windoze as an operating system but some programs and games are cool... And there is a fact: THE ONE WHO HITS FIRST, HITS TWICE (translated from spanish). Bill Gates was pioneer of the graphical environments (when computers had simple text terminals) and further graphical operating systems. It is a very selfish attitude but today virtually he's one of the most rich men in the world, so (fair or not) he can do whatever he wants 😆