Re: Instructions for command line usage of WiFi.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 09:19:08AM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 10:42:59 +0300
> Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 03:06:59PM -0800, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> > > This is the only oddity evident after ifup wlxa0f3c10a28f7.
> > >
> > >   DHCPDISCOVER on wlxa0f3c10a28f7 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3
> > >   send_packet: No buffer space available
> > >   dhclient.c:2445: Failed to send 300 byte long packet over wlxa0f3c10a28f7 interface.
> > >
> > > Nevertheless, after a few more lines from DHCP the link works.
> > > Any ideas about buffer space?
> >
> > The kernel has no free RAM to queue a packet or that Tp-Link device
> > you're is using low-quality kernel module. Happens with Tp-Link, but
>
> With TP-Link? Aren't they just using other manufacturers' chipsets?

The hardware is definitely OEM'ed. The firmware is most likely theirs.

> I know people don't like Realtek and Broadcom,

Realtek is a hit-or-miss. Too many incompatible revisions of the same
hardware.
Broadcom is the definition of Adult Entertainment with the user put at
the receiving end.

If one needs a good and proper WiFi/Bluetooth combo, there's Intel and
Atheros.

Reco