Re: Why use an email client AND sendmail/popa3d

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 09:03:21 +0000
Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> proper email client or webmail. I have to admit I use a netbook while
> away from home, as I have both "smart"phone and tablet, but they are
> extremely limited toys and they are owned by Google. If I need a mobile
> computer, then I want a real computer, and one where I have root
> access.

A smartphone running something like LineageOS is not really owned by
Google (although there are still the very real problems of binary blobs
and the baseband black box stuff). If you get one with an unlocked
bootloader, you can have root as well. They're certainly not quite the
same thing as a "real" computer, admittedly.

Celejar