Re: Why use an email client AND sendmail/popa3d

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:19:16 +0200  Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It makes it easier to switch between different e-mail clients if
>>> the sending and/or receiving is handled externally, e.g. one might
>>> use a graphical e-mail client in general and a text mode client
>>> occasionally.
>>>
>>> Such a setup also typically uses standard locations for the storage
>>> (as opposed to e-mail client specific), which makes it easier to
>>> add more functionality (e.g. serve local e-mail via IMAP) or
>>> replace individual components.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Andrei
>>> --
>>> http://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser

Thanks for your reply. I have been contemplating

I have switched email client often in the past, less so lately.

I like the idea of a local imap server. I have a RPi that will do the
job, sitting ready and waiting.  How easy is it to get phone/tablet to
connect while I'm away? though.  A good URI would be an excellent
answer.

Thanks again for replying.

--

Keith Bainbridge