Re: An apt repository has changed its key

On 25.11.2020 00:19, Bob Bernstein wrote:
At least, that's my diagnosis.

Here's the pertinent line from an entry in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/wireguard/wireguard/ubuntu focal main

Here's the output of 'apt-get update':

--snip--

0% [Working] 0% [Connecting to debian.map.fastlydns.net (2a04:4e4                                                    Err:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/wireguard/wireguard/ubuntu focal InRelease
  403  Forbidden [IP: 91.189.95.83 80]
0% [Connecting to debian.map.fastlydns.net (2a04:4e4                                                    Hit:2 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
                                                    0% [Waiting for headers]                        Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
[...]

E: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/wireguard/wireguard/ubuntu/dists/focal/InRelease  403  Forbidden [IP: 91.189.95.83 80]
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/wireguard/wireguard/ubuntu focal InRelease' is no longer signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

--snip--

That apt repo line, above, has worked for months. Iirc, this is not my first rodeo with this problem. I forget how I remedied it.

I believe apt provides a nice solution for this, that will allow me to get the new key onto my machine?

Thank you.

URL doesn't open for me either. It looks like this ppa was removed and "now been folded into Ubuntu itself". [1]

[1] https://launchpad.net/~wireguard

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀