Re: LaTeX to epub

> On 2020-11-24, Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> wrote:
> > Can I compile LaTeX to epub? ebook-convert gives an encoding error
> > ebook-convert from the PDF I mean and, if "PDF sucks" as people
> > say, how is one supposed to do it? what markup is preferred
> > for epub?

I'm sure you know 'ebook-convert' and 'ebook-meta' (in Debian package
'calibre') have LOTS of options for converting between various ebook
formats.

I have had limited but satisfactory success converting from pdf to
Amazon's mobi format.

I have a Raku friend (Larry Wall's new programming language. See
<https://raku.org>) who is quite an active and expert PDF format
person who may be able to help.  See David Warring's Raku PDF modules
at

    <https://github.com/pdf-raku>

He can be contacted at his email address (listed publicly as a Perl
CPAN author at <https://metacpan.org/author/WARRINGD>):

    <mailto:david.warring@gmail.com>

 Good luck.

Blessings,