Re: 780 files in /usr/share/zoneinfo/

>     I guess I'm just a little old fashioned. My first computer had
> no storage and my first hard drive was 20M so having a directory
> taking up 3.5MB when all I'm using there is less than 10KB just
> doesn't sit well with me.

I can related to that.

Note that you can also remove all of that directory and use a TZ setting
using the old convention like 'EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0'.

Also tar+lzip of that directory reduces it for me from 5.1MB to ~143kB.
`libc` doesn't know how to use it once compressed this way, but you could
manually extract the few files you need from it if/when you need them.

        Stefan