Re: Executing 'systemctl poweroff' from script run by cron.

On 11/24/20 5:05 AM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020, 4:58 AM Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net <mailto:recoverym4n@enotuniq.net>> wrote:

             Hi.

    On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 10:05:26AM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de
    <mailto:tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

     > Thanks for the gory details. You spoilt my breakfast ;-)

    I really feel sorry for that.
    But in this regard systemd is akin to many other things in life - it may
    look pretty from the outside, but requires a strong stomach to peek
    inside :)

It must be said: Kuhscheiß, bullshit.

Voices said that systemd was over-engineered before it was even really available. Gigs of e-ink were spilled over that subject both before and after its inclusion. Meanwhile it gets harder and harder to remove it due to ineffective software compartmentalisation in systemd. It was simply a poor choice. And even Linus Torvalds makes mistakes. He's removed one of the main systemd developers from kernel work, with good reason. But we still have the software there.

    Reco

Devuan is Debian with all traces of systemd removed.

Best regards,
Fred