Re: Hijacking Threads [was: Re: rsync link corruption with -H and --link-dest]

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020, at 16:55, Gareth Evans wrote:

> > Once one sets up an MUA correctly, one only has to click 'Compose' for
> > all the required fields, apart from Subject, to be filled in.
>
> When does clicking "compose" have this effect?

In a good (probably standalone) MUA.

In Fastmail's webmail system there's not much of that flexibility, however
in a specific folder's "Advanced Preferences" you can set the identity
which will be used when you compose a mail when that is the current folder.

So here, if I have my debian-users folder selected, then click on Compose
(which annoyingly needs me to scroll the folders list back to the top), the
new window will open with "From:" set appropriately.

I have to set the "To:" address manually, but in contacts I defined all my
mailing list to-addresses as "ML - list name" so typing just ML in the TO
field gives me a picking list of valid values.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.