Re: Debian 10 and tethering USB

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 13:55:25 +0000
magnus@autistici.org wrote:

> Instead a friend of mine has an iPhone. There were
> no problems with Debian 10 and iOS 13, instead with
> iOS 14, 14.0.1 and 14.1 tethering USB does non work
> anymore. We are both using the graphic interface
> Xfce and the icon on the top right is showing a
> successful Internet connection. But navigating in
> Internet does not work.

I don't know what you mean by that last sentence.

> A ping does resolve the DNS
> but there aren't any responses to the ICMP packets.

That, as Tomas has already said, may be your friend's phone carrier
dropping ICMP packets.

You might consider using your friend's iPhone as a personal hotspot,
and see if that makes a difference. I just used my Phone as a personal
hotspot, and, on a brief test, ICMP, mail and HTTPS all worked just
fine. Buster, iOS 14.2.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com