Re: Why use an email client AND sendmail/popa3d - Does this avoid the hijack?

I use Fetchmail to fetch my mail every five minutes from Newsguy.  This
means that my mail is never on anyone else's server for more than a few
minutes.  Fetchmail hands it off to Exim which passes it through
Mailagent and Spamassassin and then delivers it to my inbox.  Outgoing
mail is delivered to Newsguy by Exim running in smarthost mode (one of
the menu choices when installing Exim).  Mail to my domains is forwarded
to Newsguy.  I get most of the benefits of running my own email server
without having to administer an Internet-facing server.  I have full
control of filtering and sorting, can use any MUA, and needn't have a
connection up to read or send mail.  Messages I compose while the link
is down go out when it comes up.  All my saved mail is right here on my
machine where I can look through it at will but no one else can.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com