Why use an email client AND sendmail/popa3d - trying to NOT hijack

Good afternon All

I was interested to read that Flo, the OP, uses separate mail collection, sendmail and thunderbird. Some of the replies sound like this is a common practice.

What are the advantages of this set of processes over letting tbird do it all? - or any other client for that matter?

Would it save me from my fairly regular 'can't find profile' errors?

Thanks

PS  Am I wrong to avoid 'everyting in 1 file' where possible (mail dir rather than mbox in this case)? OK this is probably a whole separate topic.

--
Keith Bainbridge

ke1thozgroups@gmx.com