Re: Problem with /var/mail file > 2GB with pop3

Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Flo,
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 06:57:46PM +0100, Flo wrote:
> > Let's assume an average message size of 20MB. Then 100 messages are
> > enough to make it INBOX file that big. This doesn't necessarily mean
> > that this is disorganized.
>
> The average size of mail I have received in the last 2 months is
> 16.2KiB. It seems you receive mails one thousand times as large as I
> do.

Average size of my current inbox is almost 300KB, but this is massively
skewed because I have a bunch of large attachments hanging
around.

Average size of my archived inbox (i.e. no mailing
lists, post-filtering of various sorts) is just under 40KB.

In any case, 20MB seems... indicative of other problems.

-dsr-