Re: Hijacking Threads [was: Re: rsync link corruption with -H and --link-dest]

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 16:55:19 +0000
"Gareth Evans" <donotspam@fastmail.fm> wrote:

Hello Gareth,

>On Sun, 22 Nov 2020, at 15:38, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> Once one sets up an MUA correctly, one only has to click 'Compose' for
>> all the required fields, apart from Subject, to be filled in.
>When does clicking "compose" have this effect?

With a suitable MUA (example; Claws Mail) when you create a folder for
mails from a mailing list, it's possible to set up default addresses for
To, From and Reply-To to be used for that folder.  With Claws, it's even
possible to set up default Cc: and BCc headers.

Once all that's done, one simply selects the folder, and clicks
'Compose'.  All you need to do then is insert a suitable subject header,
and compose your message.

As I said above it does, of course, require an MUA that's suitably
capable.

--
 Regards  _
We don't give a damn