Re: Hijacking Threads [was: Re: rsync link corruption with -H and --link-dest]

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 17:10:10 +0200
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Andrei,

>Starting a new e-mail requires filling out at least the To: address so
>it is easier to reply instead (especially with many addresses in To:
>and Cc: that one wants to keep).

For many people, yes.  However......

Once one sets up an MUA correctly, one only has to click 'Compose' for
all the required fields, apart from Subject, to be filled in.

The trouble is, many, many people are used to the way Microsoft's MUA
does things;  that is - not at all, or even worse, incorrectly.

Examples:
 In-Reply-To headers being transported, but not honoured
 An inability to filter on sensible headers like List-Id

You'll notice I've used Claws Mail's ability to Remove references, to
place this mail outside the hi-jacked thread.

--
 Regards  _
The public gets what the public wants