Re: 780 files in /usr/share/zoneinfo/

On Sat 21 Nov 2020 at 02:30:08 (+0000), mike.junk.46@att.net wrote:
> Of the 780 files in /usr/share/zoneinfo/ America/Chicago and CST6CDT are the only two that might apply to me. Are the rest of any use to me at all? If so how? And, yes, I understand that they need to be supplied for every zone in the world initially but am curious if there is any use for them after one's own time zone is set.

Compared with the language files discussed around
I would say this is small fry:

$ find /usr/share/zoneinfo/ -type f -exec cat {} + | wc -c
1192831
$

(I imagine most of the disk usage is directories, links,
and dead space at the end of all those little files.)

Ironically, you seem to have lost your email's time zone,
assuming you're still on this continent.

Cheers,
David.