[SOLVED] Re: live-boot doesn't detect internal SSD

top-posting - sorry but quick: just by fortune found the solution an hour after posting!
<https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2429951&p=13900969#post13900969>

you boot into BIOS, no AHCI, but then you hit "Control S" and it magically appears!

reboot, and there's the SSD!

I sat on this for hours. wrong search string.

fjd