Re: Installing Debian 10 from flash drive [NO network]

On 11/20/20 7:35 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 11/20/2020 07:52 AM, Peter Ehlert wrote:
I believe the "request" for a DVD is outdated.
Try inserting your USB device and proceed as normal

I did a completely fresh install to the test machine - including a full install of the MATE desktop.

I attempted to install gparted using Synaptic.
The message received was:

"Please insert the disk labeled:
Debian GNU/Linux10.0.0_Buster_-Official amd64 DVD
Binary-120190706-10:24
in drive /media/cdrom/"

What is the solution?
I also use Mate, but usually do net-installs.
I don't have a system installed with the DVD1 ISO handy.
Normally the final steps of the installer deactivates the install media in the /etc/apt/sources.list file.
Have a look there... or copy the contents here for review.

*perhaps it should say "insert the install media" or something similar