Re: How to write in Chinese

Le vendredi 20 novembre 2020 à 05:10:06 UTC+1, Markos a écrit :
> Please,
>
> I am studying Chinese and I need to install fonts to type ideograms in
> Debian 9.
>
> I use Brazilian Portuguese, but I don't want to reconfigure my computer
> to type only in Chinese.
>
> Using LibreOffice or with a specific program to generate the ideograms
> only when needed.
>
> Any tip?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Markos

Hello Markos,

Lazy way: there are dedicated task-packages to facilitate this:

didier@hp-notebook14:~$ apt search task-chinese
En train de trier... Fait
Recherche en texte intégral... Fait
task-chinese-s/stable,now 3.53 all  [installé]
  Simplified Chinese environment

task-chinese-s-desktop/stable,now 3.53 all  [installé]
  Simplified Chinese desktop

task-chinese-s-kde-desktop/stable 3.53 all
  Simplified Chinese KDE Plasma desktop

task-chinese-t/stable,now 3.53 all  [installé]
  Traditional Chinese environment

task-chinese-t-desktop/stable,now 3.53 all  [installé]
  Traditional Chinese desktop

task-chinese-t-kde-desktop/stable 3.53 all
  Traditional Chinese KDE Plasma desktop

So, just install what you need (simplified or traditional, in console, KDE or another Desktop Environment or Window Manager) , explore the menus of your X environment to find the GUI tool that permit you to set-up how/when you want to type chinese, and you are done :-)