Re: How to write in Chinese

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 08:13:54AM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Fabrice BAUZAC-STEHLY wrote:
>
> > GNU Emacs comes with
>
> did someone asked about Emacs and I missed it?
> The Emacs religion followers never sleep :)

In a way, Fabrice is right: Emacs would solve one thorny
problem, that of the input method, which X leaves to a bunch
of strange and opinionated plugins. No idea how the Wayland
story is, in this department. Possibly you'll have to put
up with whatever Gnome or KDE have come up (gulp!) or perhaps
LibreOffice comes with its own thingy.

Emacs is yet another rabbit hole, but this one is at least
a bit closer than LaTeX: it offers a working fontset management
and an outstanding collection of input methods (I count 25
variants for Chinese in my Emacs instance, take that ;-P

Cheers
 - t