Re: How to write in Chinese

Markos writes:

> I am studying Chinese and I need to install fonts to type ideograms in
> Debian 9.
>
> I use Brazilian Portuguese, but I don't want to reconfigure my
> computer to type only in Chinese.
>
> Using LibreOffice or with a specific program to generate the ideograms
> only when needed.
>
> Any tip?

FYI, GNU Emacs comes with lots of support for Asiatic languages with a
rich set of input methods, and seems used quite a lot by Asiatic people.
Maybe you'd like to have a look into it?

See e.g.:
- https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WritingChinese
- http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs_chinese_input.html
- https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WritingChineseWithWuBi
- https://emacs-china.org/

--
Fabrice BAUZAC-STEHLY
PGP 015AE9B25DCB0511D200A75DE5674DEA514C891D